Sunday, May 6, 2012

2nd date with Mark

So, Mark sent me an email and asked me to dinner earlier in the week.  He never called me or texted.  Only email.  We exchanged a few emails and he wanted me to meet him at Lowe's in Pottstown.  Lowes.  Really.  Strange.  So, I wrote him back and said that under the circumstances since I've only met him once before, I would feel more comfortable meeting at a restaurant.  I googled Pottstown and suggested either Red Lobster or Trattoria Vittoria.  Actually, they were the only two I could find.  So, he wrote back:

>  Ginger,      I understand. I thought it might be
>  easier for you to follow me. I was thinking like a
>  TGIF or a place we could sit at for awhile if we
>  wanted. Lets try Trattoria Vittoria. I appreciate
>  where you are coming from. I didn't mean to put you
>  in a bad situation. I will see you
>  there...........Mark

Hmmm.  Fridays?   For a second date?  I don't mean to sound like a bitch here, but this is just all wrong.  And, follow him?  Why didn't he just say Friday's in the first place?

So, we met at T.V.  I was totally confused as to if he wanted to have dinner or what.  The restaurant is a BYOB and he had no wine.  He knew this because he had told me he went to their website after I suggested it.  So, we ended up having dinner.  It was ok.  I wouldn't say that there was a lot of chemistry there.  It was just ok.  But, as we were leaving this very small restaurant, the couple next to us introduced themselves.  Turns out that the man is a State Representative in the Penn State House of Rep's for West Caln Township.  They were very nice and very friendly.  He gave me a Butterfinger candy bar.  lol

So, we left around 8:30 and it was still broad daylight.  He hugged me goodbye and put his hand on my waist a little bit.  Then, he said "I'll give you a call".  My gut tells me that he won't call.  After all, he hasn't called before.  And, after the doctor I'm a little self-conscious about my waist.  lol  Not really.  Well, maybe a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment