Wednesday, May 30, 2012

IJL - Jerry

So, Lisa called today and said that my next match is a person named Jerry.  She didn't tell me his age or anything else, only that he lives in Jersey.  So, she wants to set up the meeting in the city.  I told her I was not comfortable with that and she mostly ignored me going on and on about the valet parking.  I don't know.  My stance on the subject is why should I drive all the way into the city just to get rejected?  I mean, how is this guy going to be any different from the men that I have met recently?  So, I told her I am available June 23 and that is basically it for the month of June.  Then, I got to thinking about it some more tonight and sent her the following email:

 Hi Lisa,

I've given much thought to our conversation earlier today, and I am just not comfortable
driving by myself into the city.  Being new here from out of state, I am not familiar enough
with these places to drive my big SUV down there, alone.  I had no problem driving all the way
to Quakertown for the last date because it was off the turnpike, but I just can't do the city.
Also, I'm not sure that it would be a good match for me with Jerry.  I have a serious fear of
bridges.  I can not drive over that bridge.  I have anxiety attacks when I go over bridges that
tall.  I can not help it.  I can't deal with it.

If Jerry would like to meet me outside of the city somewhere or even in King of Prussia, I
am open to that.  But, I just can't go into the city right now.  Please bear this mind for future
dates as well.  I look forward to meeting my new matches!



She'll probably think I'm a nut job because I can't drive over that Ben Franklin bridge.  It is a very very tall bridge and I am deathly afraid of heights.  I break out in a cold sweat and panic.  It's not pretty.  And, there are parts of Philly that are pretty scary and with my sense of direction, I am not going to do it right now.  Turn me loose on a Saturday night in downtown Philly by myself, Lord only knows what will happen to me.  lol.  Maybe she'll just quit and refund my money.  Fat chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment