Tuesday, August 28, 2012

AJ

It is of note that per our conversation yesterday, I was told that AJ is 54 and that he is in "Sales & Consulting".  When we met, AJ told me that he is 52 and that he is a pilot for Delta.  He says that he is based out of LaGuardia and has a house in the East Village.  He says that he owns a property in Springfield, but his uncle lives there.  He also says that he owns a condo in downtown Philly.

AJ also mentioned that he was a fighter pilot and flew F-16s while in the Air Force after he graduated from Michigan with an energy engineering degree.  I worked at General Dynamics for some time in Ft Worth, who manufacture the F-16 and know a bit about the plane.  Upon questioning AJ, it turns out that he wasn't a fighter pilot at all.  He then said that he was an instructor.

Now, I don't know if Lisa got "confused" about his details, but my gut is telling me this guy is lying.  When I asked him to share stories about his work, they were a bit off.  Maybe he is being dishonest with IJL or maybe he is being dishonest with me?  Surely, he didn't tell you guys that he was a pilot?  If he did then why would I be told he was in "Sales & Consulting"? 


On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM, LisaM - IJL <LisaM@ijlcorp.com> wrote:

Just a reminder of your date:

Meeting: AJ and Ginger
 8/27 @ 7pm
 Legal Sea Foods - King of Prussia
  • Address:
    680 West Dekalb Pike The Court at King of Prussia Building
    The Court at King of Prussia Building
    King of Prussia, PA 19406
  • (610) 265-5566



We are so excited for you to meet them and hope you have a great time!

When you get there, as a reminder, check in with the Hostess and they will take you to your table.   If you are running late or need to cancel at the last minute, please call ahead to the restaurant!

Feedback is very important to our IJL dating process so please don’t forget to email me with your feedback. These are the areas we would like you to focus on when you send your feedback:


  1. How long your date was?  from 7-9

  1. What did you like about him/her?  He seemed to be very intelligent.

  1. What are three positive things about your match?  1.  He was very intelligent and a good conversationalist.  2.  He was well dressed.  3.  ?

  1. What interests did you have in common?  We have both traveled a lot.  We both would also like to attend the Garth Brooks concert in Las Vegas.

  1. What was your first impression?  AJ is a very petite man.

  1. How did the date end?  AJ went to the bathroom about 9pm and asked if I would still be at the table when he got back.  I said sure, somewhat confused.  When he came back I stood so we could leave.  He walked to the front of the restaurant basically alone.  I was not walking with him as I had on high heels and walked at a slower pace and he walked very fast to the front.  Once out of the restaurant, he opened the door to the mall and walked right through it BEFORE me.  

  1. Did you exchange numbers?  Yes

  1. Do you plan on seeing him/her again? If “no” please list reasons why?  There was no chemistry there and he was just plain ill mannered at the end.

  1. What can we focus on for your next match?  My next date doesn't necessarily need to be someone from the suburbs.  I am thinking that since I can't drive into Center City, that I am getting fixed up with men out in the burbs?  Also, I stated on my initial criteria that I prefer someone 5'10" and above.  Shorter men are a deal breaker for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment