Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Update on the man who went to Burma

I received a phone call from the matchmaker at 7:00 this morning with feedback from the date on Sunday night.  It seems that the good doctor didn't share my feelings at all.  He said that there was no chemistry between us and that I am fat.

I actually do work out at Planet Fitness and granted I haven't worked out since the death of my Mom.  Also, the weeks that I have my girls it just isn't possible for me to go to the gym.  By the time I get home it is 6:30pm, then with homework and baths, there is no time.  But, the reason I haven't been to the gym since March 15 is mainly because I was sick with an upper respiratory infection due to the pollen count in Memphis.  Then, I had to go on another round of antibiotics a week after I finished those because it didn't get rid of it.  I am feeling better now, finished the antibiotic on Sunday and will probably make my way back to the gym this week.  But, I have never been told that I was fat in my entire life except once.  The ex told me one day that I was "fat" after the birth of my 3rd child (while I was breast feeding) and therefore he was not sexually attracted to me.  Nice.

As a matter of fact, people in high school used to make fun of me because I was too skinny.  I am not what I would call skinny now, but for the most part I am pleased with my shape.  There could be improvements, sure.  But, after having 3 babies, I am never going to have a flat stomach again without surgery.  And, at 45 years of age, I don't really desire a bikini body.  I would just look ridiculous at this age in a bikini, even if I had the body for it.  I've lost 12 pounds since my Grandmother's death and I think I'm healthy.

So, this doctor is 55 years old and says he wants to date someone younger.  The matchmaker said that he wants someone model thin apparently.  I'm thinking he wants to date a 35 year old.  Actually, he probably wants to date a 25 year old if he could get away with it.

C'est la vie.

PS.  If you want to reply to this, I will not receive it.  You have to send me an email to my personal account.

No comments:

Post a Comment