Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Robert

So, I had a "lunch" date with Robert last night from IJL.  I knew very little about him.  She told me a few things but I have had so much going on I honestly could not remember a thing.  It turns out that my BFF works down the street from Sullivan's where we were set to meet.  So, after work she met me for an hour or so at the restaurant before he got there. 

Turns out that Robert lives in Jersey now and grew up in south Philly.  I'm guessing that south Philly might be a blue collar neighborhood?  Not sure.  He is the first in his family to graduate college and he went to Villanova.  He basically does the same thing that the Richard Gere character does in the movie "Pretty Woman".  He says that his is on a much smaller scale.  The company that he is grooming at the moment is in environmental engineering.

He had a little bit of a bad boy edge to his looks, sort of mob like.  I think because he closely resembles the "Christopher" character on The Sopranos.  Maybe that's because his hair cut is exactly like that?  He is a little bit on the thin side.  He's 49. And, he is very intense (rut-roh- I seem to be intrigued by characters like that).  He also has 3 children but his are teenagers.  2 girls and 1 boy.  He really was a captivating man.  I honestly have to say that he is one of the most interesting people I've met up here.  I really did enjoy his company.  He seems like someone that I would really respect as a man.

There was only one "OH NO, HE DIDN'T!!" moment.  Sit back boys and girls, because you will chuckle.  None of us can forget the frantic gum chewer a few months ago.  Well, Robert was chewing gum albeit controllable.  So, when our Caesar salad came, he took the gum out of his mouth and set it on the appetizer saucer/plate.  EWWWWW.    We had been having such a nice conversation and I just couldn't eat my meal with that sitting there.  And, I really didn't want this guy to blow it right then and there.  So, it just popped out of my mouth before I knew what I was thinking, "Uh-uh.  Don't do that.  Please dispose of that properly."  After it came out I was embarrassed I said it.  So, he looks at his napkin which is cloth (upscale restaurant), goes to put it in his pocket and then decides to leave the table.  So, he left and I thought, "Well, I've probably pissed him off and he's going to just walk out of the restaurant and not come back after that."  But, he threw it away and came back.  lol

BFF walked by our table after he arrived and checked him out.  She said that he will definitely call me and that he likes me.  When I asked her how she knows this, she told me that if he weren't interested in me he wouldn't have picked up the tab for dinner.  I said, really?  I would think he would do that anyway.  She told me, "not the guys up here".  So, I'm wondering why just the hug at the end of the evening?  She thinks he was trying to be a gentleman.  She said that he was giddy when she saw us.  I didn't really see that, but ok.

He did send me a text after I got home and told me that it was nice talking to me.  So, we'll see.  Here's a copy of my feedback to Lisa:

> How long your date was? from 6:30-8:30
>
>
>
> What did you like about him/her? I really liked that he is tall and attractive.  Love the blue eyes.

>
>
>
> What are three positive things about your match?
>
  1. Robert is a very intelligent and savvy man.
  2. Robert is very interesting to talk to.
  3. He is very family oriented.
>
>
>
> What interests did you have in common?  We come from similar backgrounds and have similar achievements.  We have a lot of the same philosophies in life.  We both seem to be on the same page spiritually.  We both have 3 children.  We both left our ex-spouses.
>
>
>
> What was your first impression?  He was very friendly and smiled a lot.  He seems like a very nice man.
>
>
>
> How did the date end?  He walked me to my car and hugged me good-bye.
>
>
>
> Did you exchange numbers?  Yes.
>
>
>
> Do you plan on seeing him/her again? If “no” please list reasons why?  I would love to see Robert again.  I'm not sure he feels the same way about me?  But, I thoroughly enjoyed his company and he was a 'quality' gentleman.
>
>
>
> What can we focus on for your next match?  I think if we keep heading down this path we'll do just fine.  It would be nice if he were closer geographically.  But, it is more important to meet someone of quality.  He is by far one of the more interesting people I have met since I moved to the northeast.  Keep up the good work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment