Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's not you.....it's me

Sigh.  Remember the guy who believes in aliens?  Bill.  I heard from him on Sunday and Monday night.  After that, he stopped calling.  I had no idea what happened.  So the following email exchange ensued:

From: Ginger Phillips
To: wwm1138@comcast.net
Sent: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 13:55:48 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: new pic

Haven't heard from you in a while.
Just wanted to say hi.

Ginger

From: "wwm1138@comcast.net" <wwm1138@comcast.net>
To: Ginger Phillips
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: new pic

I didn't think you wanted to hear from me,i asked if you would call me the next night and you never did,it just seemed like i was doing all of the pursuing to use your term , when i did not hear back from you i thought you were not interested,it did give me some time to think,with the way work has been going and i have to save any extra money i have to go to a wedding in colorado at the end of next month i really don't have any extra money to do the whole dating thing,You deserve more out of a relationship,I am sure you want to go to dinners and the tours you like,all i can offer you really is companionship and a lover and you probably want more out of a relationship than that,
Anyway if i don't hear back from you i understand,this has nothing to do with you it is me

Bill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's my response to him:
I never even heard you ask me to call you.  I am surprised that I would agree to that.  I must have misunderstood you.  I know that women up here have no problem taking on a more masculine role. 

It's interesting that you think you are doing all the pursuing and you don't like that.  This is contrary to everything I have known.  It's my understanding that men like to go after what they want.  Usually when they don't they are not truly interested.  To quote a very popular book that most women have read, "He's just not that into you."

Sorry to hear about your financial woes.  I think the economy affects us all.  You have only yourself to take care of.  It takes on a whole different dynamic when you have kids. 

Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment