Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Elvis Bling

Ok.  Have you had a good laugh today?  This is one that I have to blog about because it's just too unreal.  So here goes......

Exchanged a couple of emails with Bob.  He had posted on his profile about what an Elvis fan he was, and I was like, oh I grew up in Memphis.  Love Elvis.  And, I do.  He's a part of my culture.  Everybody back home claims to be related to Elvis, for real.  He is still the King and always will be the very best in my eyes.

Bob is a member of the Dead Elvis Society.  He has been to over 30 Elvis concerts as a boy.  He attended the famous Madison Square Garden come back.  He has a scarf that Elvis gave him in Vegas, blah blah blah.

I THOUGHT this was a conversation piece.  I enjoyed talking about my homie.  I respect his knowledge of Elvis and thought it might be nice to meet this man.  He texted me and asked if I would like to meet this weekend.  So, I suggested brunch on Sunday.  I suggested a couple of really nice buffet restaurants that do a big brunch but we settled on Nudy's Cafe at 10am.

I showed up about 5 mins early and he was already there.  I like that.  But, what I didn't like was as I was walking toward the door, I could see him looking me up and down.  I felt like a piece of meat.  Like a steak about to go on the grill, or something.

So, I introduced myself and shook his hand.  His pictures are from 2008 it turns out.  He is quite a bit larger and greyer than his pics.  He was wearing white tennis shoes, cheap black pants, a beige cotton shirt and he was sporting this necklace:


Do I need to say anything else?  
Leaving me to ask the question yet again, "Oh no he didn't?"



No comments:

Post a Comment