Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Bring it on......

It's been a while since I've posted so here goes.....

The thing with Ron dwindled down in to him calling me and mostly annoying me.  I did go out with him one time after my last post.  I really wanted to see the Great Gatsby and he took me.  Just the movie, no dinner.  I did enjoy the movie and was going to go see it again by myself.  I just never found the time.  Unfortunately for Ron, he did not understand the historical settings of the movie (i.e. Prohibition, the Speak Easy, etc.).  A lot of the movie just seemed lost on him.  That's not all.  It turns out that he doesn't know a lot of things.  I made a reference to Der Fuehrer and he had no idea who I was talking about.  I made a joke another time about me living in England and how if it weren't for the U.S., they'd all be speaking German right now.  He had no idea what I was talking about.  I talked about Dr. Robert Oppenheimer once and he had no idea who that was.  I made a reference to Stephen Hawking, no clue.  Ok.  One might argue that so he doesn't know his history or all that much about theoretical physics.  I'll give you that, but the guy couldn't speak in complete sentences.  It just got to the point that I would almost be in a frenzy when we spoke.  He would just stop talking in the middle of a thought.  Aghh.  By the way, he still texts me. lol

So, then I met another person on eHarmony by the name of Craig.  He was moving here from NY.  As an ex-marine he is 5'10" and weighs 290 pounds (he says).  I was open minded even though he would not provide me with a current picture.  I was even open minded when he told me that he was a recovering alcoholic of 22 years.  The deal breaker came for me when he told me that he signed his children over for adoption to their Stepdad.  He had become a dead beat Dad and stopped paying his child support.  He had this reason and that reason, blah blah blah.  At the end of the day, I just had no respect for that.  I stopped taking his calls and he eventually quit calling.

Fast forward....so I got off of eHarmony and posted my profile somewhere else.  I stated very clearly what I am looking for.  I hit it off with this guy named Jeff (age 47).  So, I agreed to meet him Friday night over dinner.  He took me to a really nice Italian place.  Loved it.  Since we hit it off, we decided to go to the movies on Saturday.  We saw "The Internship".  Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson get an internship at Google.  We are both in IT (he owns his own business) so we enjoyed it.  Then, I saw him briefly on Sunday. He was a gentleman and opened my doors.  He is very intense though.  His divorce is not final yet and he seems to have that edge of anger about him.  He is somewhat quiet and well, I'm not.

Not sure if I will hear from him again.  He understands my situation and my availability.  I made it very clear that I can't be there 100% of the time.  He made it clear that he was looking for someone full time and that should it come along for him, he will let me know but until then, we're good.  However, after the weekend he has let the ball drop and we have lost a bit of momentum.  I have not heard from him.  It's Tuesday, but you know.  I found out that his wife is 5 feet tall.  I am just under 5'9".  Sooooo, he probably is looking for a little runt of a woman.  That's just not me.

In the meantime, I have opened up conversations with a very interesting man named Jimmy.  He has written to me several times and just sort of threw his phone number at me.  He never asked me for mine.  Well, you know me, it just doesn't work this way.  Finally, after a few more email exchanges I agreed to let him call me.  Here's the run down: 54 years old, 4 children aging from 14-8, practicing Catholic, own his own construction business with his cousin, he does the sales part of the business, very Alpha.

At 19 or so, he ended up going to a dealer school in Pennsylvania and learning Black-Jack. So, he decides to pack it all up and move to Vegas.  He stayed there for 3 years playing Black Jack apparently.  Married a woman 12 years older than him.  Didn't work out eventually.  All the children are with his 2nd wife who is 12 younger than him.

His Mom had been doing his books for his business and she came down with cancer.  So, he hired a woman that a friend recommended that had been doing the books for a landscaping company.  Long story short, the woman had embezzled over $400K from his company.  Along with a lot of nice things, she had bought Harley Davidson's for herself, her son, and somebody else.  She had been arrested for embezzlement and there was a court date.  Long story short, before they could get in court she ended up going for a ride and was killed by a truck.  It was an apparent suicide.  He had over 100 employees at the time.  I'm sure that I don't know all the details of this, but it ended up breaking up his marriage.  About the time that his marriage broke up, he lost his Mom and his business.  He's on the uphill side now, he says.  lol

There's something about him.  He says that he would like to take me to a place called Legal Seafood when I am available and says that he will wait.  He is not available this week because he is in Ocean City, Maryland doing deep sea fishing off the Chesapeake.  I've been to Legal Seafood several times for dates through It's Just Lunch.  It's a very nice place.  We'll see what happens.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment